Licking River Coal Preparation Plant
Service: EPC O&M
Forge Group has been operating Licking River Coal Preparation for US Coal since December, 2008.
Licking River Coal Preparation plant was built by Forge Group under Build-Own-Operation (BOO) agreement. Forge Group engineered, constructed and commissioned the plant in 2008.
With design capacity 300 tons per hour, Licking River coal processing plant circuitries include heavy media cyclone and ultra-fine coal spirals. Clean coal is loaded into trucks from the radial clean coal stacker.
Forge Group continues to provide complete operation and maintenance of the plant including:
- Operating and maintenance manpower for the facility
- Daily sampling to ensure product quality targets are achieved
- All required maintenance to maintain plant availability requirements greater than 92 percent
- Monthly and quarterly performance tests to quantify and maintain plant efficiencies
- Management of plant operating schedule to correspond to mine production
- Supply of all consumables and parts and supplies required to operate the facility
- Continuous monitoring of the plant and process to maximise yield
- Daily web access for production and downtimes reports, and monthly summary reporting to client
Additionally, Forge Group provides the client with access to in-house process support, and procurement and construction resources. A central parts warehouse for emergency maintenance is also available.
Licking River Coal Preparation Plant has been meeting operational requirements and achieving design capacity.